3Q Showa Tokyo guest house, located in the old town of Tokyo, is our home-away-from-home guesthouse, offering a more relaxed, residential feel. With super fast, super easy access to Machiya station (ONLY 1-MIN-WALK to subway Metro line/Keisei line/Tram line) and just one stop away from the JR Yamanote line. The Showa location provides a convenient trip to all the best sightseeing spots, including Akihabara, Ueno, Harajuku ,Shibuya. It is perfect for long-term guests as well!
The Showa period (1926-1989, or Showa era ), is known for its “Enlightened Peace” and “Prosperity in Economy.” Especially after war-time, all Japanese worked extremely hard to build the country to be one with high-quality-product and high-technology. It is a nostalgic atmosphere that harkens back to those fast-growing and energetic times. 3Q Showa tries to presence the feeling of that era. 3Q Showa is the only one in Tokyo with SHOWA decorations.
How to Reach “Showa” 3Q Tokyo Guest House
Whether you are arriving at Narita or Haneda airports, finding the 3Q Showa Tokyo guest house is a breeze. We’ve laid out a step-by-step guide to help you join the 3Q family without any complications.
Directions From Narita To Machiya Station
From Narita Airport, take the Keisei Mainline towards Keiseiueno and get off at Machiya Station.
Directions From Haneda Airport To Machiya Station
- From Narita Airport, take the Tokyo Monorail to Hamamatsucho station.
- At Hamamatsucho station, transfer to the JR Yamanote Line to Nippori Station.
- At the Nippori station, take the Keisei Main Line towards Keiseiowada for the Machiya station.
Directions To 3Q Showa Tokyo Guest House From Machiya Station
(From Keisei Exit)
- From the Keisei station, make a left-turn and follow the Toden Arakawa Streetcar train tracks. Keep walking until you pass a 7-Eleven across the tracks.
- After seeing the 7-Eleven, make a left at the next street. You will be walking along the street that crosses the train tracks and has a store with a big yellow canopy (but you should be walking away from this store. Don’t cross the train tracks). Walk away from the store and follow the street to the left.
- Right after making the left-hand turn, upon reaching the fork in the road, take the street to the right and continue.
- While walking, count for the 3rd street to the right. To your left will be a school.
- Upon reaching the 3rd street to the right, the entrance to 3Q’s Machiya residence can be found through the small passageway at the foot of the staircase. Welcome!
(From Metro Chiyoda Exit 3)
- While in the Machiya station, look for signs for Exit 3. Upon leaving the station, cross the street and continue the street until you reach a fork in the road.
- Keep right at the fork and continue walking along the road. On your way you will pass a coin laundry establishment (bottom floor of a building with green canopy). Continue walking straight.
- After a short distance you will see a 3-story grey building with an external staircase attached to it. The entrance to 3Q’s Machiya residence can be found through the small passageway at the foot of the staircase. Welcome to Showa Tokyo guest house!